To add a vendor to Managed Vendors you must have the Vendor Management Admin permission. If you do not have this role, contact your account administrator.
If you have the required permissions, head to Managed Vendors under Cyber Research in the left sidebar. Depending on your screen size, you may need to scroll down the sidebar until you see the Cyber Research header. Alternatively, you can click here to go directly to Managed Vendors. If this is your first time adding a managed vendor, your screen will look similar to the screenshot below. Click Request New Assessment.
If you or your team have added a vendor in the past, your screen will look similar to the screenshot below. As above, click Request New Assessment to get started.
When you click Request New Assessment, you’ll be asked to select your vendor. You can search by name or URL. In this example, I’ll be adding UpGuard as a managed vendor by searching for UpGuard. When you are happy with your selection, click Confirm and next in the bottom right corner of your screen.
From here, you’ll be taken to Assessment information which lets you specify:
- Vendor contact information
- Whether the vendor has been notified to let them know that UpGuard will be assessing them on your behalf
- Your relationship with the vendor
- Any other information you wish to provide
The information you provide will be used to establish the scope of the assessment and identify any areas that need to be focused on.
Once you are happy with the information you want to provide, click Submit in the bottom right corner of your screen to add the vendor to your Active Vendors.
Once added you have added a vendor, we’ll send a request to our team of analysts. Which will be assigned and scheduled for completion. If there are any special considerations for the scope of the assessment or its due date, you can reach your analyst via email or through in-app chat.
You can also monitor the status of any active request on Managed Vendors. In the screenshot below, you can see that the status of the request is Requested. There are five possible statuses:
- Requested: Your request has been submitted to our team of analysts but work has not yet started.
- In progress: Our team of analysts has started working on your request.
- Assessment - Due: Your managed vendor is due for reassessment.
- Assessment - Overdue: Your managed vendor is overdue for reassessment.
- Complete: Our team of analysts has published a risk assessment on your vendor for you to review.